The health & wellbeing of our…
patients & staff are top priorities at Eye Q Vision Therapy.
We understand the concerns that you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus disease. We want you to know that we are taking extra precautions to ensure the offices and all equipment are disinfected efficiently. We are asking all patients that have symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19, to seek care from their Primary Care Physicians and reschedule their exam with us until their health has improved.
COVID-19 – PREVENTION
- Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses.
Try not to drink liquids with ice.
- Wash your hands frequently!
The virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes
- Gargle as a prevention – a simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice
- Drink more water!
COVID-19 – FACTS
- Coronavirus Pneumonia is a dry cough with NO runny nose. If you have a runny septum, you have a common cold.
- This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 78.8 degrees. It hates the Sun.
- If someone sneezes with COVID-19, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours – so if you come into contact with any metal surface – wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
- On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours, normal laundry detergent will kill it.
COVID-19 – SYMPTOMS
- It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
- The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
- With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
- The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you’re drowning. It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
Advice From Other Doctors Treating COVID-19 Cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don’t drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs.
The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it’s too late (Fibrosis is not reversible).
Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air. For more information, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/